Am I allowed to say how incredible sick I am of Spaghetti Bolognese? Because I am. Utterly. To the point where pasta is now a no-go in my life. Which makes me sad, because I love carbs.
So tonight I’m making a break for it and going all Pasta on supper.
Creamy Bacon Carbonara. Yum. My friend Emily makes a great Carbonara and I love how light and creamy it is. Declan is helping me cook tonight, and what’s easier than Carbonara. You just put it all together!!! Which, strangely, reminds me (always) of my friend Hamoun… who once put rice on top of a hot dog and when given strange looks he shrugged his shoulders and said, “well it’s all going to end up in the same place anyway, right?”…
Well this Carbonara created magic in our house. Pure magic. It was delightful. It was a mild evening and the windows were open, the guitar came out in the sitting room, the futbol was out in the backyard, wine was a plenty at din din and smiles and laughter were in abundance. Not to mention the singing.
- 8 – 10 rashers bacon
- 500ml cream
- s & p
- 2 eggs
- 30g parmesan
- 750g fettuccini
- chopped parsley to serve
- Cut the bacon into 1cm strips and fry over a medium heat.
- Place the fettuccini into a pot of salted, boiling water and cook until al dente
- In the mean time, once the bacon is cooked add the cream and salt and pepper to the pan and simmer to reduce until thick and creamy.
- Whisk together the egg and parmesan
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add it to the pan and stir it through the cream sauce.
- Finally, add the egg and parmesan to the pan and stir again.
- Serve immediately garnished with parsley.